Jan 19, 2010

Birds of a Feather

What I did here, was duplicate Heather's original art, and make the circle a bit smaller, so that everything was symmetrical. Then I added some color, envisioning the circle as the sun, or a fire ball (Ring of Fire). What Heather did was use her imagination. (I am sooo getting shown-up by her.) She made colored wings on paper, and then glued them on. Then she glued even more stuff on. It's sort of Harley Davidsonesque, but a very good solution, I'm happy with what I got here, and happy to expand upon it. And I'm not too worried about the (lack of) what I sent to Heather this round because, guess what? That's the mandala I get to ultimately "finish". The finishing seems like the best fun, and I am a perfectionist. That last round may take me forever.

Cycle 2 Round 2:




Heather Gordy to Shana R. Goetsch
(Houston, TX to Milwaukee, WI)






Shana R. Goetsch to Heather Gordy
(Milwaukee, WI to Houston, TX)


...and, just for kicks, Social Distortion covers Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire


3 comments:

Heather Gordy said...

I so didn't think Harley until you said it. That's kinda funny.

shana goetsch said...

i'm in Harley Land, i'm quite familiar with the logo up here. it's "Harleyesque" though, not directly "Harley".

Momo Luna S!gnals said...

I like both works. And the ring of fire cover is great and fun. My youngest son Emil (10) loves this number so my hubbie downloaded lots of ring of fire covers haha. This one also....

Sweet greetz!