Mar 3, 2012

Within the Family

Hey all, a few things...
I am getting us all ready in the ATCTE project for our first exhibition, this spring (more information on that to follow)! I have also started a mandala with my father, a "non-artist". He couldn't escape me though, because I used to see his doodling when I was younger. Very accurate, tiny doodling involving three point perspective. Not an artist, my foot. Those with talent always say that, don't they?

Here is the start of it, I began with something small that wouldn't overwhelm him. This is a pre-fabbed cardboard something or other that I believe came with some sort of dishes. The outside had a shiny coating on it, so I thought it might create a nice texture if I sanded it down with sandpaper. I then put several aqua blue watercolor coats over it, which then clung to the sanded marks. The inside is acrylic, because it had no shiny coating, and it was therefor easier to paint over and soak in. I used several shades of blue because it's both my dad's and my favorite color...



I know that he at least has glue, scissors, pencils and pens and markers at his house, so we'll see what transpires. I sent it in the mail yesterday along with my third round with Brian Sylvester. Stay tuned for the update on that cycle, as I'm just waiting for his to get to me first. I am working on a "Turning the Tables" post with Alexis, I will be generating the questions for her this weekend. So, keep an eye out, more exciting updates are coming soon!

2 comments:

Elbe said...

this is my favorite line in the world!

"He couldn't escape me though".

bwahahahahaaaaa....

shana goetsch said...

yes, well...you know me.