Dec 28, 2009

Writing, Divination and Magick

Runes, and an "artist, non-artist". The next person sharing this project with me is Elbee. She is not a professional artist, but she does some heavy duty scrap-booking, and has definite artistic flair. Elbee is the only one in this group so far that I have met in person, as well. I have known her since we were 14, in fact. So, we have a self-proclaimed (because I don't think it matters that much) non-artist up next. Elbee and I have decided to use an 8" x 10" format, and go a more 'found objects' route with the mandala. I think this project is shaping up to be very diverse...




Scrap-booking example
Elbee, Tallahassee, Florida






Hand-gathered stone, hand-painted Runes
Elbee, Tallahassee, Florida







Hand-gathered stone, hand-painted Rune (detail)
Elbee, Tallahassee, Florida


Everything you ever wanted to know about Runes can be found here. And over at pbs.org you can write your own name in Runes. It's a fun activity for a grand new year!


5 comments:

Vag said...

nice job editing those photos!

shana goetsch said...

*two thumbs up*

Heather Gordy said...

I used to live in Tallahassee. I lived ther from about age 4 to 14.

Can't wait to see what you two come up with.

shana goetsch said...

wow. it's a small world. she and i are starting next week!...right around the time i mail yours again.

Vag said...

heather used to live in tally-ho???
wow, small world indeed.