Sep 24, 2011

Born

I don't think I posted the beginning to end of this cycle! I believe I promised it in the summer, and never followed through. I apologize for the huge oversight. But at least we can get to know Wes' work again before I post a new feature on the blog for this project, it's a little something I'm going to call "Turning the Tables" which will be featured artist interviews. In the future the format of these interviews may morph a bit, but Wes and Elbee's interviews will be in written form, just to kick things off. Look for that coming to this blog very very soon!

In the meantime, I have the whole of Cycle 1 for you here, so you can see how it changed throughout the year. This is actually my personal favorite piece so far, and it was the first. I like the energy of this mandala and I think the two of us worked really well together. It was the basis for expanding the project, and I'm really happy that the collaboration happened at all. Wes and I actually met on myspace,  and we kept up a correspondence through email after I later abandoned it for facebook. I have since met Wes in person several times, co-exhibited with him in Virginia, and he actually helped me move into my Baltimore apartment. He carried all the heavy stuff, but beyond that, he really is one of the coolest people I have ever met. I am honored to have shared the creation of this first piece with him...



Shana R. Goetsch to Wes Way
Milwaukee, WI to Harrisonburg, VA





Wes Way to Shana R. Goetsch 
Harrisonburg, VA to Milwaukee, WI





Shana R. Goetsch to Wes Way
Milwaukee, WI to Harrisonburg, VA




Wes Way and Shana R. Goetsch 
Mandala completed in Harrisonburg, Virginia


Remember to stay tuned for the new, "Turning the Tables" interview feature!

No comments: