Apr 7, 2010

Beauty and Chaos

So I have a blogger friend, someone whom I follow...Laura, on Beauty and Chaos. She's been taking these photos every day, usually of nature, but sometimes she has people. In general she's pretty outdoorsy, and I strongly suspect she's in college studying something science-y and biological. The other day, she took a photo of her slime mold, inside its circular, perti dish home, and I found it to be really cool. (It reminded me of some of my own 365.series watercolors.) And in addition to that, we get a good science-y lesson from her

She named her slime mold Leonard. Click the link, he's so worth it.

p.s. I also updated the blog, with better photos of Moma Luna's first round (the previous post). See the post, and better photos here.

6 comments:

Heather Gordy said...

That was actually kinda cool.

shana goetsch said...

would i lead you astray?

Brian Sylvester said...

I come to you via Momo's site...This is an excellent idea!

I'm looking forward to watching!

Brian

shana goetsch said...

Thanks a lot for coming over Brian! i am looking forward to it too! :)

Triscuit said...

I actually was wondering where you had mentioned my post.. I hadn't thought to look on your other blog. Thanks for the link!

shana goetsch said...

no problem! i loved seeing your slime mold!