Feb 24, 2010

And the Circle is Complete

The first mandala is finished! This particular mandala, is the one that Heather originally started (part of the intrigue of the deal). What I did to finish, was handled mostly in watercolors. I also managed to find an image of a bird with its mouth open for the center circle (that's a photocopy and acrylic), Really though, it was mostly watercolor work. I really felt that this piece, need not be so afraid of color, so I went with it and drove it hard. Now, let's take a look at the mandala from its inception, shall we?

Cycle 2
, Round 1:




Heather Gordy to Shana R. Goetsch
Houston, TX to Milwaukee, WI


Cycle 2, Round 2:




Shana R. Goetsch to Heather Gordy
Milwaukee, WI to Houston, TX


Cycle 2, Round 3:




Heather Gordy to Shana R. Goetsch
Houston TX to Milwaukee, WI


Cycle 2, Round 4:




Shana R. Goetsch and Heather Gordy
Mandala completed in Milwaukee, WI






In your face, Universe!
*triumphant squawk*

5 comments:

Heather Gordy said...

Absolutely fabulous! I'm so glad you added some color to the piece as it really took it to another level. Great job Shana.

shana goetsch said...

i knew it would be so fun to finish. and it is...

Vag said...

inyerface! FACE!
i also like that it looks like an eye, watching me. its giving me the squawk eye.

Connie said...

Love Love it

Momo Luna S!gnals said...

Yes, it's great! I love it..... And it's such fun to follow what's happening next.:-)

I'm looking forward to our project.