Feb 19, 2010

Big Wheel Keep on Turnin

Next on the agenda...the Seven Chakras. the word "chakra" come from the Saskrit, meaning "wheel". Elbee has nicely tied in some references, with some coincidence. I always like that combination, for inspirational purposes. Elbee happened to be thinking of ideas for this mandala, saw something that mentioned Chakras, and noticed she was holding seven of these wheel shapes in her hands. How about that!

Said 'wheels' are somewhat heavy, and look like stone or clay, but I think they are a form of plastic...when I tapped them, the sound was more plasticy than elemental. So Elbee glued on seven of these wheels, and armed me with the knowledge of her thought pattern on the Seven Chakras. Again, I will be making this piece slightly larger and square, so that it matches the others' size. Here is her mandala:


Cycle 4, Round 2:



Elbee to Shana R. Goetsch
Tallahassee, FL to Milwaukee, WI






For the piece that I worked on this round, I also attached things. This includes a piece of metal that has been sitting on a table in my living room for, I kid you not, the last 6 years. It's just been waiting for this project, I assume. So I attached it, then I painted a little bit with watercolor, and then I also attached a googly eye. Googly eyes are round and not eye-shaped...seems weird somehow. This particular googly eye happened to be the exact shape/size of the center circle that I covered it with. Another 'meant to be' moment for this round.




Shana R. Goetsch to Elbee
Milwaukee, WI to Tallahassee, FL





All this talk about wheels has made me think of Proud Mary by the fabulous Tina Turner...


3 comments:

Vag said...

haha, rollin, rollin...
i really love the metal you put around the one you sent me...nice tie in with everything.

shana goetsch said...

i think they will both look nice with the dark brown found elements.

Heather Gordy said...

very cool.