Oct 10, 2011

Boomerang

I have just finished the piece between Momo Luna and me! This one is bright and glossy and pretty, specifically, it reminds me of candy mints. To finish this piece, I did a little painting and a small amount of printmaking. There were a few objects on this piece in the last round, which I removed and then printed directly on the paper in the spot where they were originally (they are the aqua spirals). I also put a light wash over the pieces, creating less of a white background for the faces. Then I painted some solid colors in designated areas, and added some bright red strips along the edges. I struggled a bit with resolving this piece, but I think it's really "there" now.

Now, let's take a trip down memory lane for the completion of this mandala, Cycle 5, Round 4...



 Moma Luna to Shana R. Goetsch
Arnhem, Gelderland, Holland to Milwaukee, WI, USA




Shana R. Goetsch to Moma Luna
Baltimore, MD, USA to Arnhem, Gelderland, Holland




Moma Luna to Shana R. Goetsch
Arnhem, Gelderland, Holland to Baltimore, MD, USA



 Shana R. Goetsch and Momo Luna
Mandala completed in Baltimore, MD, USA




It was great working with Momo Luna on this piece, and it still retains her distinct flavor, despite my working on it as well. Good show! I'll have another post in the works soon, because I have just received Elbee's last round in the mail today!


5 comments:

Whitney-Anne Baker said...

this is just sooo cool! I love it!

shana goetsch said...

we thank you, whitney!

Monica said...

Wow Shana, this is awesome! I LOVE what you did a lot. Oh my, i haven't finished yours yet because of being ill. Now i'm inspired and will finish mine (soon)

Sweet greetz to you, Monica (fweeling a bit guilty) ;=)

shana goetsch said...

oh, don't feel guilty! especially if you were ill!

Denise SCARAMAI said...

Wonderful ways
and fascinating result!!
I loved!