Oct 18, 2011

Strength

Did I ever tell you that I've known Elbee since I was 14 and we were both very silly and little and got into a lot of silly little trouble? Well, I have, and she's been very kind to me over the years; one time, she even took a spirit possession for me (! for reals). She's still one of the strongest and wisest and oddest people I know. Also, she made this mandala with me... :) I think this piece speaks to all of her aforementioned qualities. This has the weirdest "ingredient" list of any of the mandalas so far: a bubble wrap envelope, watercolor paint, coffee, an unused heating filter, acrylic paint, random plastic objects, metal, lace and wood (and a little something pink, because that's just who Elbee is). Whew. You can view the entire process here, and then the finished piece is at the end. YAY!

Cycle 4, Round 4:


Shana R. Goetsch to Elbee
Milwaukee, WI to Tallahassee, FL




Elbee to Shana R. Goetsch
Tallahassee, FL to Milwaukee, WI




Shana R. Goetsch to Elbee
Baltimore, MD to Tallahassee, FL  




Elbee and Shana R. Goetsch
Mandala completed in Tallahassee, FL